Sunday, October 9, 2016

Winter Bluebirds

Hello Everyone!  
It's been a long time since I have been able to print something from my computer.  I never realized how much I use a printer for crafting until I did not have one available.  I had a wireless printer  for a long time when all of a sudden, after updating the software,  we ran into trouble.  If I fixed my computer to start printing from it, it knocked my husband off.  When he fixed his computer to be able to print on it, I got knocked off.  I finally left it alone and stopped fixing mine as my husband uses it to print off billing receipts.  The last time it took him over a day to get his computer printing again.  Ouch!!

He finally decided I needed to get my own wireless in my craft room.  His decision could have come from the fact that I was whining all the time...LOL.  After lots of searching and studying what is available, I decided on a Canon.  I am once again a happy crafter because I can start using some of my diggies collection.

   I found some free and cute Winter/Christmas bird diggies at Kajsans Scrap Blog a long time ago and decided to finally print them out and play with them.  I was experimenting with sparkle pens and Inktense watercolor pencils.  Some of my experiments did not look so great but I finally have a couple I am happy with!


For the snow on top of the hats and branch, I used Tulip Puffy White paint.  The fur on the hat was painted with Wink Of Stella clear and covered with Stampin Up Crystal Effects to give it some dimension. 

The birds have a nice sparkle on them which I was able to show you by holding the card closer to a lamp to take the photo with.


Only 10 more weeks to Christmas.  I still have more cards to make so I better step up my game!!
Where are you at with yours?  Almost done?
Manetta

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is super cute and gorgeous Netta

Gr Karin

Lisa Reber said...

Wow Netta, these are adorable and great coloring job! Thanks too for the link, I will be downloading these tonight! I think you may have just enabled my new addiction...digi stampms! (it's all your fault!)