Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sweet Valentines Day


                             

This image is so adorable!  I joined a group called Simply B Stamps on Facebook.  We got "Peppermint Betty" image free for the first 2019 Progressive Challenge.
This challenge included absolutely no red in any shape or form, must use two scrapbook papers, one embellishment and the image on a full project.
My two different papers were used on the background.  I cut a shape out of the purple diagonal paper and glued that down onto the pink polkadots.  I made my own stitch marks with a black pen.  I used a heart punch and punched out 4 hearts.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pink Garnet and Inspired Violet.  Glued them down onto the pink polkadot paper.
Am I the only one who ends up with color all over their fingers after using the Spectrum Noir Sparkle glitter pens?  They do not come off your hands very well!
Next up was Peppermint Betty. I let my background paper be the judge of what colors my image will be.  I have never colored any hair other than brown or blonde so coloring pink was way out of my comfort zone.  After it was done, I kinda liked the different look!   It was difficult to get a good camera image as the hair looks like it has red but it is a mix of pinks and purples. The Copic colors I used in the entire image was...
RV #10 13 34 66
V 25 28
R 83
BV 00 23
E 00 11 13
C 00
After I was done coloring I used the following Spectrum Noir Sparkle colors on the hair, dress, cake and canes to get sparkles...
Cosmos
 Macaroon
 Pink Garnet
 Inspired Violet
I fussy cut Peppermint Betty out and popped her up on top of the background.  I printed the words onto scrap polkadot pink paper and made a tag out of it and added it to the upper left.  I used the black pen to make stitch marks on it.
Last to be added was the required embellishment... 3 pink rhinestones in the corner.


This was a fun card to make.  Now that it is done, I am off to go add it to the challenge.  
Happy crafting day!

No comments: