Saturday, May 9, 2020

52 CCT May Color Challenge



52CCT's color challenge is Non-traditional colors.  Peach and gray!  Definitely not your normal colors for Christmas.
Penny Black Christmas stamp  "Berry Merry Christmas" was stamped with grey ink.   The berries were first colored with orange watercolor paint.  I spritz a lot of water onto my Tim Holtz glass mat and dripped just a couple of small drops of Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pink Champagne onto and mixed it up. It is hard to see but the berries were painted again with it to give it a lighter more peachy color.  Also used it to watercolored along the right bottom corner.  The upper corner was done with watered down black watercolor to get a grey color.  The sentiment that came with the set was stamped onto vellum.  Chalk white acrylic paint was used for the snow on the berries and snow falling.


I didn't think I would like this card but I thought about it all week.  Now that it is actually done, I do not mind at all.




Thank you for stopping by!  Now head over to 52cct to see what the rest of the Design Team created!
Netta

4 comments:

A.Rose said...

I love this card. The soft coloring makes it feel warm and cozy!

Vicky Hayes said...

I LOVE this card Netta! Really love the colours you used - grey and peach are not the usual colours at all but you have made a stunning wintery scene. The white acrylic paint works brilliantly for snow doesn't it. I am really not feeling Christmas projects in all the gorgeous sunshine we're having in the UK but you have made me want to have a go :)
Hugs, Vicky x

Fabiola said...

C'est un très joli choix Netta, original et réussi, biz

AndrejaM said...

Interesting color combo on your beautiful card!