Saturday, August 8, 2020

52 CCT August Color Challenge

Good morning everyone!  
Happy Saturday and welcome to a Color Challenge day.
When I read a couple of weeks ago the challenge AndrejaM created for today...I cringed.  Orange? Christmas?  Ouch that will be tough!  I had to do some serious thinking....sunset in the winter...a fox?  Then it came to me...flowers!  Poinsettias to be exact.  
Now...add gold and green.  I said "I got this!"
Here is what I came up with...
I cut this die 4 times.  I cut three white and one gold.  The bottom layer was left white on purpose.  On the second white layer I used copics and colored the green.  When I glued it onto the white layer, I off set it slightly on purpose. The next layer I colored the flowers with Copic orange and cut them.  They were glued down onto the 2nd layer. 
 The lantern actually has 4 layers glued down, 3 white and one gold on the top.  I took the 4 white windows of the lantern and colored them with orange and glued them in the lantern.

I must say...I am quite pleased with the results! 
AndrejaM...please bring on the next challenge at 52CCT!  After surviving this one, I know I can do the next!  *S*


Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.  
Netta

Copics: G07, G29, YR02, YR09
Stampin Up Punch Border
Cottage Cutz Die Lantern & Poinsettia
Scrap Green Merry Christmas paper
Company Unknown Background Die
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangle Die
Words Printed from Computer
DCWV Foiled Gold Cardstock

7 comments:

A.Rose said...

Orange lamp glow and orange flowers...lovely use of the colors!

Fabiola said...

oh oui, c'est un combo difficile Netta, mais tu as relevé le defi! elle est splendide et si élégante, biz

Rosmarie said...

I love all the layers you have created with these beautiful die-cuts, and the colors are so wonderfully bright and shiny - a real gem!

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: Hello, team-mate! You came up with fabulous ideas for this color trio! Tweaking the tones for the poinsettias works especially next to the lantern which is a brilliant way to use gold and orange!!! Those different die cut panels/labels are wonderful individually and then layered together--STUNNING!

Goga said...

You tackled the required colors fantastically. Your golden lantern and orange poinsettia are gorgeous. Goga

AndrejaM said...

Wery beutifull card rich in colours and layers. Love it!

AndrejaM said...

Fantastic card rich in colours and layers! Love it!