Saturday, August 15, 2020

52 CCT August Theme Challenge

This was a fun challenge-Under the Sea!  
I knew right off what I wanted to do.
Now Santa goes everywhere delivering packages, but what about the Mermaids who live down below in the deep sea?  
So I imaged Santa diving down deep to deliver.
My card is about Santa swimming in the deep deep blue.
First I colored up the image from Kit and Clowder with Prismacolor Pencils.  I won't tell you how many hours it took me to color. 
 Let's just say, to do my next step was a heart stopper.  
You ever have these big plans towards the end of your creations and your plan could literally destroy everything you just did?
I had no idea if you could water color over pencils.  I had this fear something would smudge and of course I wanted until the last minute to get this card done.  Nothing to do now but to jump in with both feet.  I grabbed my Shimmery LuminArte pots and spritz them with water.  
My plan was to color side to side to give a sense of being underwater.  I used the colors Blue Ice along the bottom, Sea Breeze in the middle and blended in Sage to the top.  After swiping the color across, I dabbed with a paper towel.  After it dried, some of the prismacolor pencil coloring had dulled so I took a few of the Prismacolor Pencils and quickly went over the corals to bring the color out.   
The image of Santa was something I had in my computer so I printed him out and popped him up.
The card came out like I planned.
Perfect card for someone living in Florida.

Now come join us over at https://52cct.blogspot.com/ and hopefully you will get inspired to give this challenge a try.


Thank you
Netta

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

tu as relevé le défi haut la main Netta, un père noël plongeur! je n'en avais jamais vu mais c'est vraiment sympa, biz

Andreja said...

Netta, what a beautiful card :-)) I like the Santa under see!

A.Rose said...

Definitely a LOL card! Great composition!

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: hello, team-mate! You came up with a beautiful solution for this theme! Great idea of having a diving Santa! And I love the bubble ornaments saying "Ho! Ho! Ho!"...very clever, dear!

AndrejaM said...

Hi Netta, your greeting card is fantastic. Santa just enjoys seeing the beautiful corals, fantastic colouring!!!

Goga said...

Netta your card is wonderful. You painted it beautifully and created a funny part with Santa. Wonderful, I really like it. Goga