Saturday, August 22, 2020

52 CCT August Technique Challenge

How many have heard of Shadow Stamping?  How many have heard of Shadow Stamping with a stencil?

Here are some videos to help you out if you are never heard of it

I have done Shadow Stamping in the past. You just stamp twice...once with a light color and once with a darker color but the 2nd time is off set just slightly from the 1st.  It gives it a shadow look.  
One of the videos shows how to Shadow Stamp with a stencil...something I have never tried so I did some experimenting.
I found, never use a light cardstock, as I could not tell where I stamped white.  I stamped way off kilter.  I might still use them some way...some how...on a card.

The sample I ended up using on my card was a Tree Stencil on a navy cardstock.  First I inked white with a sponge and then over the top (slightly off from the white), I inked with a dark blue.  You can tell where I inked because blue over the white became a lighter blue.   I wished I had more Christmas stencils to experiment with.

Here is a close up.  It looks like it is a shadow is on the front from a moon at the back of the trees.  I think, if I did this again with the trees, I would stamp at a big distance so it would be more white and less dark.

After the ink dried, I got to thinking...could you emboss with a stencil?  I did a search and found the out others have.  Here is the recipe I used with my Big Shot
Platform
Plate
Rubber Mat
Paper
Stencil
Precision Base Plate

Here is the backside.  It works but next time I would EMboss and not DEboss the image.  Since I already had the front done, I had to place the stencil on top so I could match up the image with the stamped image which caused it to deboss.


Now...go on over to https://52cct.blogspot.com/ and check out the beautiful creations from my fellow Designer teammates.  There will be a place for you to add your card as well for this challenge.
See you over there!  Let's go....

Netta


2 Techniques Used:
Dry Emboss with a Stencil
Shadow Stamping with Stencil

Ingredients:
Memory Box Birch Tree Stencil
Hero Arts Hero Hues Unicorn Ink
Stampin Pad Blueberry Bushel
Navy Cardstock
Foam Mounting Tape
Spellbinders Building Snowman Die
Left over White Glitter cardstock
Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder
Rubberstamps.com Sentiment "Build a Snowman"

5 comments:

Martina said...

Netta, amazing card!

A.Rose said...

Looks like the snow is just clinging to the trees!

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: Well done with the required technique and adding an additional!! The trees are amazing! Looks like a winter woods scene with snow plastering the side of each tree!!!

Lucinda said...

Your background is stunning Netta - now I want to try with a similar stencil I have! Sounds like you had fun with some new to you techniques - although the card doesn't look like a beginner at all. The die cut is great fun too - and goes perfectly. Great card!

Fabiola said...

J'adore ta carte Netta, elle est splendide, biz