Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nature Walk Weekend-September MCE

I held off posting my card until I received my MCE (Monthly card exchange) card back. This time our card had to include a pumpkin. Out of all the stamps I have...can you believe only one stamp with a pumpkin! So sad....I must buy something again..~Grin~ I dug through my stash of supplies for an idea and I came across two Wooden Scarecrow pins I had bought last year. I thought it was perfect but what to do with it??? I saw a tutorial at Splitcoaststampers for the Free Standing Pop-up Card. I had tried this tutuorial before and really like how it came out...but this was a bit tricky. I did not want the pin to be permanent...I wanted the pin removable. So I looked at the pin packaging on how they held the pin on. It had two holes...one a little larger than the other. So using the back of the package as a guide...I punched two holes in the back of cardstock tag with my Crop-0-Dile. I also had to make the slit for the card to pop up through a little wider to make room for the bulky pin to pop through. Because the pin was thicker and heavier...I was afraid it would not stand up very well but it worked ok!! I wish that I had taken a photo of it when it was closed but thought of it after I had sent it off. Here is my card I received back. Sandy...thank you so much!!! I absolutely love it! The coloring is fantastic and I love the colors. It reminds me of home.......good ole New Hampshire in the Fall. I miss the Fall the most and it has always been my favorite season...something we do not get in Florida. This card reminds me of what it was like...air brisk but the sun warm. ~sigh~ I have your card displayed right by the front door so everyone can see your card as they walk in. If you want to check out more of Sandy's work...swing on over to her blog...she has some fantastic cards to view!!!! http://memoriesandink.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Danni said...

So very cute and Sandy's card is too!