Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Christmas Card #1-Sketch Challenge

The yahoo group I belong to had a sketch challenge in July and I am JUST getting around to making my card.
I realized over the weekend that there is ONLY about 90 days left to make my Christmas cards before I start labeling them to be mailed out. That means I have to make an average of one Christmas card a day!!! EEEKKKKK Where did the year go!!!
I decided I might as well turn this sketch into a Christmas Card
We have several of the cutest Christmas Mice Stamp sets at Stamping Palace.
The Mice Set I chose to use for this card is called Lighten Up Mouse Set. I stamped my card with Momento Tuxedo Black, which is a perfect dye ink that will not bleed when you color your image with an alcohol based marker like Copics. Each light bulb has a drop of stickle to make it sparkle a different color. The icicle is from a batch that I made last year and am still using up. Inside the card are words from the same set-"Rejoice in this season of light and love". To make the icicle border requires only 3 items Liquid Glue that will dry clear Fine Glitter Wax paper Directions Tilt your wax paper so your glue will slowly drip down to form icicles as you run a line of glue along the top of the wax paper about the length of your card. Do not put too much glue as your "icicle" will become too thick. You can always go back and add a bit more glue to an icicle to make it run a little longer. Remember-icicles are not the same size. Now cover the icicles with fine glitter and shake off the extra. Let dry over night and then you will be able to slowly peal the glue icicle off the wax paper. I stored mine after they dried in a box. Last year I was able to make several lines of icicles on big sheet of wax paper and I am still using them up. Ok...now I am off to go make the next Christmas card.....

2 comments:

Danni said...

This is so cute and very clever on the icicles!

Kim said...

This is adorable. You did a fantastic job as usual. Thanks for sharing your secret to the icicles.