Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mickey & Minnie Box Valentine

I have been wanting to make a Exploding Box Card for a long time.  I finally bit the bullet and tried it out.  Mine was one layer only.  I wanted it look like part of a living room with Mickey standing there proposing his love to Minnie.  

The box is completely 4" square.  You can see the directions I used was a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KWY63kbzI.

I did not want two sides to fall and realized it after I got the box all cut and folded.  The easy fix was to put a ribbon decoration around the bottom and around the top edges of the box.  I split the ribbon on either side of the two I wanted to drop.

Minnie Mouse and Mickey Stamp is a set I have had for years.  I tried to search it online but did not have any luck.  On the stamp it states "Disney All night Media #54J02.

Here are the pictures.  Enjoy & Happy Valentines!

Netta

Here is the box closed with the lid on it.

Close-up of the top of the cover.  The flower and leaves are Nestabilites (

The cover pulls up and two sides drop down.

Side view

Close-up of all the details on Minnie and Mickey which were done with decoupage method.  I absolutely love using Decoupage 3D glue from http://www.crafterscompanion.com/.  The best on the market!

 Nestability die-cut window shows a beautiful day with lots of flowers in bloom. I used torn towel paper, sponge and Memento ink to create the sky.  The Inkadinkado Meadow Stamp set flowers were inked with Memento Markers.  


 The heart was white embossed, colored and cut out from the middle of an Outline stamp.  If you look close, you can see a piece of acetate holding the heart up.  It is free floating and moves as the box top is removed. 





1 comment:

Faye Cornish said...

Manetta, it came out beautiful. Great job.