Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sketch Challenge #4-Butterfly Sympathy

Butterflies galore!

Well...3 anyway lol.  
My first attemp was a flop.  I did not get them even at all.  For the second attempt, I drew a light pencil mark across the card and it helped...still a little off but that is ok!  I stamped the first butterfly from a Martha Stewarts clear rubber stamp set and stamped that in the middle of the card with versamark.  The left and right butterflies were matched up wing tip to wing tip and the bottom of the wings were set along the pencil line.  I used heat embossed the images and sponged Versafine Majestic Blue all over it.  


This is the sketch from Challenge #4 that is used.


I used a ruler to draw another light pencil light where I wanted the blue to end and I cut along that line but going around the butterflies.  
I had a scrap piece of paper that had like a blue crackle paint on it.  It looked perfect for the bottom half.  
Thanking of you sentiment is one of the stamps in the Stampin Up Wet Lands set.

I am going sympathy, Christmas and birthday so I don't get dragged down by too many birthday or too many sympathy.  This way it also gets my Christmas cards started.  So far it is working!

Have a crafty day tomorrow!
Netta

No comments: