Friday, September 16, 2016

Stampin Up Class-Card 5

I saved the best for last!  This card was my favorite card we made that day.  It is a Halloween shaker card.
To make the circle area that holds the halloween shaker pieces, we used a product I had no idea that was out there!  Normally I would use tiny pieces of pop dots placed very close together around the open area.  We used a pop dot product but they are in long thin strips.  I searched online to find where I could buy them and found some at Amazon.  Unfortunately they are out of stock.  The ones I found come in a package of 132 pieces that are 1/8 inch x 4 3/8 inch long.  Definitely be on the lookout where to get some either online or in stores.  The one important thing to remember when you make a shaker card, is that you glue the acetate piece behind the circle cut out area before you start putting the whole card together.  


I did not buy the tree die but the more I think about it, the more I want it.  I can see it being something easily used even for Christmas cards.

Thank you for checking in today.  Have a great day and hope you get some crafting in!

Manetta




4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous card Netta
Gr Karin

Danni said...

Talk to your SU demo--those strips are sold by SU!! Here's the link to my store so you can check them out but buy through your demo! All your cards that you did are so fabulous!!
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=141825

Lisa Reber said...

This was my favorite card of the day too! LOVE those adhesive strips from Stampin' Up! They make shaker cards so much easier! (I made another one last night!) Thanks for sharing Netta!

Unknown said...

Hello You can by these strips directly on my website https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=141825&dbwsdemoid=2007606