Saturday, November 28, 2020

52 CCT November Stash Challenge

This is the last Christmas card challenge for November.  One more in December and then I will be concentrating getting all out in the mail.

It's Gill's month to announce the challenges and although the badge states Gilding Flakes, we are allowed to use foil as well.  I had fun working with my Minc machine until I broke it.  I have had it only a couple of years so I was disappointed.  I was foiling a lot of images today for Christmas and birthday.  Towards the end..as I was feeding another image through...everything got stuck.  I ended up yanking everything out but ruined it by doing so.  Needless to say I have another laminator ordered today.  


Here are the ingredients for my card.  One of the tools below is a Spellbinders Quick Trimmer.  I bought only the replacement blades.  You get two in the package. One is for foil and the other is for paper.  I LOVE the blade for foil.  It cuts perfectly through foil and much faster than grabbing a pair of scissors. 


Here are a few closeups of the snowflake...some with flash and some without.  The words behind the snowflake are also foiled but the background stamp is an unknown company.   On the snowflake I used two sided tape and used the snowflake die to cut out the image.  I took a piece of foil and kept pressing it against the snowflake until it was covered.  Keep in mind, you cannot use the foil for hot foiling.  The camera does not do it justice.  It really came out pretty.




I had a lot of fun creating this card.  If you have some gilding flakes or foil, come play with us!


Happy card making!
Netta

2 comments:

A.Rose said...

Great idea! This I could do!

Fabiola said...

Netta, il est superbe ce flocon, magnifique carte, biz