Saturday, November 7, 2020

52 CCT November Sketch Challenge

It's the first weekend in November.  I cannot believe it.  It's November and time for Sketch Challenge at 52CCT.

The Santa image I used was given to me by my mom many years ago.  She passed several years ago but I am guessing she bought it about 18 years ago.  It was removed off the block so I have no idea what company it came from.  I have had to repair the back of it twice as it was falling apart.  I actually was surprised it still stamped well enough.


I colored Santa with Copic markers R29, R35, G05, G28, B02, BV000, E00, E13.
I used a Gold Marker for the belt.
The toy bag was hand cut to cover the original bag sitting by Santa.  I wanted it to replace the square in the sketch and to have a sentiment stamped on it.  The original stamped bag was actually checkered and a sentiment did not show up well. 


I used Liquid Pearl for fur and hair.  The snow on the ground was torn paper with a line of  Diamond stickles along the edge.  Did you know that it makes a difference when you tear paper to make hills or snow mounds?  Take a scrap of a paper, grab both sides at the top and rip down with your hand pulling toward you.  Now do the opposite and rip away from you.  The edge is different.  I always use "rip towards me".


The Red long strip towards the back is the lamppost, the green is Santa and the bag is the titled red square in the front.  Remember...a sketch is just to show you where the placement of your images or paper will go. It's just to get you started with an idea!


I counted up my cards and I am in the 70's.  I made my goal and then some with plenty of time to spare!  I do know by the time I am done, I will be around 100.  The last several will be pretty much done in assembly line as the structure is the same but colors may be different.  I just put on Christmas movies and start cutting and glueing!  Got to save something for the Christmas Season!

Thank you for stopping by.  Feel free to leave any comment or question for me.  Maybe I will see you over at 52CCT!

Hugs,
Netta

3 comments:

AndrejaM said...

What a fantastic beard !

Fabiola said...

ce charmant père noël est prêt a partir en tournée Netta! très jolie carte, biz

A.Rose said...

Love the lamppost!