Sunday, March 22, 2015

Butterfly Punch and Bokeh Technique

Have you seen the Bokeh Technique being posted on many blogs on the internet?  
When I originally searched the word Bokeh technique to find out the directions, the sites that came up first were photography sites. So I searched what the word meant and this is what I found...

"Bokeh in Photography is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.  Bokeh has been defined as the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light."

Someone very smart figured out how to take that technique and transfer it onto paper using ink/water colors.  It looked a bit daunting to me but after researching it I discovered it was an easy and interesting technique. Possibly addicting!
(Check it out...Watercolor Bokeh Tutorial at Splitcoaststampers)

I used a butterfly punch to punch out a couple of butterflies after the Bokeh background was dry and covered the butterflies with Diamond Stickle.  While they dried, I put my card together.



Once the background was matted and glued down onto my card, I glued the butterflies back down flat onto where I had punched them out.  

Let me know if you give this a try.  I would love to see your creative work of art.

thank you for visiting!
Netta



No comments: