Friday, March 27, 2015

Sunny Birthday

It's a sunny day and beautiful day here in Florida.  The weather has been just perfect.  Pool is open.  I forget there are some who are still battling with snow falls and cold weather.  It's nice to live in paradise!  

When the sun shines everyone feels good so I brought a little sunshine to this birthday card.






I used Tim Holtz stencil and sponged the rays for the outside of the A2 card.  I used a bit heavier ink and lightening it up as I reached the top of the rays.  After sponging on the rays, I left the stencil taped in position so I could sponge on tiny amount of yellow along the bottom to make it look like the sun coming up over water.  After that I sponged on some blue on both sides of the cardstock, leaving space in the middle to be able to stamp the word Happy.  The word Birthday was stamped inside with lighter yellow rays.

I like my fun happy card!  

Hope you have a beautiful sunny day...even if the air is cold outside!

Netta

No comments: