Saturday, October 5, 2019

52 CCT October Sketch Challenge

Happy World Card Making Day!
Did you know that this day was created by Paper Craft magazine back in 2006.  It is always the 1st Saturday in October.  The idea was to inspire everyone to get started on their Holiday cards.
So...let's get that inspiration going for you!
Do you remember the Twinkling H20's?  I have had mine for about 18 years and periodically I pull them out to play with.  If my memory serves me right...I believe they actually went off the market for a short bit and then made a come back.   The card I made actually took me two tries.  First one did not go in my junk pile for later use.  It was beyond junk!  I was much happier with my second attempt.   
The image was embossed on water color paper with clear embossing to keep the color within the walls.


I just sprayed the pots of color with water and used a water brush to pick up the color.  Think of the H2O's as another form of water color paint with such a gorgeous shimmer to them.    



After I was done painting, I stamped a few branches and embossed some snowflakes.  

The 52cct challenge was a sketch.  I flipped mine to get the image on the card the way I wanted it.  

Will not get a whole lot of time to play today as it is my birthday.  I will head out to an early dinner tonight with my husband. 
Happy Birthday 🎁 to me!
Netta



LuminArte Colors: Green Tea, China Black, Natural Linen, Heavenly White, Hot Cinnamon, Periwinkle, Blue Ice

Bird Stamp: wish I knew!  It's so old.  If you know...tell me!
Branches Stamp: Penny Black Winter Branches
Stampin Up Beautiful Baubles for snow falling

White Embossing Powder mixed with fine glitter
Clear Embossing Powder

Tim Hotz Distress Watercolor Paper

2 comments:

Fabiola said...

elle est trop belle cette carte Netta, quel résultat! j'adore ce que tu en as fait, biz

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: (1) belated birthday greetings; (2) spectacular Christmas card!!!; and (3) I loved how you rotated the sketch layout!!!

Such a winter beauty!