Saturday, October 5, 2019

Happy National Card Making Day 2019

This is my 2nd post today in celebration of National Card Making Day.  This card is about using scraps from a background I made & loved. 


 I saved the scraps and had no idea what to do with them until today.  I covered white cardstock with adhesive from my Xyron Creative Station  and layered my scrap pieces over the top.




I left some white showing between the pieces so I could burnish black glitter in between the pieces.  It will fill in the sticky gaps but not be over powering with glitter.

I used Impression Obsession die to cut out all the pieces.  I was able to turn each piece 1/4 turn and place them back together. Now all the lines are not going just straight across.  I glued that whole piece down onto a gold left over piece of cardstock.  I saved the scraps for later on the card.

I cut and glued down the rest of the card.  The bow was actually a bow I had made at some point in the past and it seemed to fit perfectly.  The balls are tiny glass colored beads I have had for years.  Merry Christmas was cut from the left over piece I had saved.

Thanks for checking in with me today to see what I made.  Have a happy and creative day!
Netta


No comments: