Saturday, October 19, 2019

52 CCT October Theme Challenge

Can you tell what the theme is at 52CCT? 
SNOWMAN!!
You cannot go wrong with a snowman on a Christmas card.
Love this adorable country snowman.  


All the pieces were colored and cut.  I made one error by gluing the scarf down before I got the coat on so it took a bit to slowly lift the edge of the scarf to tuck the jacket under.  Each dark piece was also colored with brown sparkle before I glued them down, even each stripe on the scarf.  The PDF also came with the black springs for the arms, eyes and tiny buttons but they were too delicate to cut out.  I remembered from years ago I had a long thin die from Sizzix for celebration that looked like it.  Dug it out and decided it would be just fine!  The eyes were easy...just dug out my wiggly eyes!  For the buttons, I just used a small hole punch and used a white pen to draw in the 4 button holes.
On the background, I dropped two drops of sparkle on my Tim Holtz glass mat and also dropped a couple drops of water.  Mixed the two up so the sparkle was diluted in color and watery.  Next take a brush and get it saturated with the mix.  To get the drops of "sparkly snow", just put the brush over the area that you want and tap the brush against my other finger.  Droplets big and small will spray onto the paper.  Just keep doing that until your happy!  Because it is not really soaking the paper much it does not warp it.  I also flipped the paper  over onto the small amount of mixture remaining to get bigger colored areas.  


I think he is just adorable!  Perfect Christmas Card for someone back home.

Please join us and have some fun!  Also, go check out the other design teams snowman projects. https://52cct.blogspot.com/


Netta

Copic Colors B0000, B00, E17, E18, RV00, R27, 100,  YR04
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens Colors Smoked Quartz, Moonstone, Rose Quartz
Regular Hole Punch for Buttons
White Pen for button Holes
Stampin up Pretty Pine
Impression Obsession Die Fir Sprig
Sizzlits Loopy Die
Snowman PDF
Wiggly Eyes

2 comments:

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely snowman! You've puzzled quite well ;-)
Nancy

Fabiola said...

il est trop sympa Netta, quel magnifique bonhomme de neige, biz