Saturday, October 26, 2019

52 CCT October Technique Challenge

Please join us this week at 52CCT with a...new to me... technique called Smooshing.  I was excited to give this one a try!   I love sneaking in some new and cool techniques while having tons of fun. 
I wanted the colors I chose to remind of a cold winter day.  I used two blues and a purple to try to get that affect.  My Tim Holtz glass mat comes in handy for this!  I just pressed my ink pad down right onto the mat, spritz the ink with water and "smooched" my watercolor cardstock onto the colors until I was happy with the coverage.  A few areas left white were left on purpose.   




Photo below will show the effect I was trying to achieve with leaving some white, blue and purple areas.  You can see the deer was popped up.  I tried laying them flat down flat against the cardstock but they got lost in the scenery.  The deer has too many skinny areas to try to pop up using pop up dots. I just cut grey fun foam out of the deer die and glued the deer onto it.  


A little spritz of color shine over the top of the background to resemble the glistening of ice.

It's now time to crack down on those Holiday cards...Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve.   
Head over to https://52cct.blogspot.com/ for some more inspiration from the other designers and have fun creating your Christmas Smoosh Card!
Netta

Heidi Swapp Color Shine White
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide: Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves
Penny Black Wintry Trail Stamp
Amazon Deer Die
Gray Fun Foam

1 comment:

Fabiola said...

c'est une très jolie façon d'utiliser cette technique Netta, magnifique résultat et très jolie scène, biz