Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stamping Thoughts and Prayers & Tidbit

I have made a lot of sympathy cards in my past, but the one I had to make now was hard. I have put it off for a week now and today decided I just had to sit down and do it.  
Someone I knew through work passed away from ALS.  He was such a kind, strong and well loved man.  He fought it to the very end.  My heart just breaks for his wife and his family.  The past few years of their life was grabbing as many memories as they could and taking care of him.
He will be missed.


On todays card, I used my Misti to stamp on one side of the card, flipped it over and did the other side. After heat embossing in silver, I colored the image with colored pencils.  I love the colored pencils on black as it really makes the color pop.


I have a little tidbit for all of you.  It came from a 93 year old gentleman.  I gave him a card and I watched him struggle a bit to open it.  His sight was not the best and his fingers didn't work as well.  He suggested I leave one side of the card just a bit shorter than the other to make it easier for folks to open their card.  Something I never thought of before but it made sense.  Now, after I make my A2 card base, I trim the back of the card about 1/8th of an inch. Just enough to make it easier.  

I wanted to make sure to get a card off to the family to let them know I am thinking of them.  I knew it would be a while before I saw them due to what the world is experiencing right now.

A hard card to make.
Stay safe and healthy everyone. 
Netta

Stampendous! Class a'peel Dot Sparklers Black stickers
Crafters Companion Sunflower Stamp
Spellbinders Vintage Elegant Word Stamp
Derwent Inktense Ink Pencils
Silver Embossing Powder
Stickles Diamond Glitter glue


No comments: