Saturday, July 25, 2020

52 CCT July Technique Challenge

Can you believe it is the last challenge for July already?

That means we are already 1/2 way through the year and only 4 months to when it is major crunch time to get the cards done and in the mail!
This week it was about sewing.  
I used Faux Sewing Technique this time...something I have not done in a very long time.  I had to hunt for my old Stampin Up paper piecing template.  It is so old that it has turned yellow! 
 I love it as it has guide lines to help you keep a straight line as you poke along.  After I had all the holes poked, I used a very skinny green marker by Le Penn to follow the holes like stitches.  Sometimes they go off kilter but that is ok to me as it looks a bit like my stitching on a sewing machine LOL.  
I do not always sew very straight.  
The image I colored with my copics was a free image from https://bugaboostamps.com/.  They have some very cute digital images over there.  I have a snowflake punch which is my favorite but I think it is on its last legs.  It was hard to punch the snowflakes out tonight.  I do not know who the company is so I will have to hunt it down if I have to replace it!  Merry Christmas was actually words attached to a wreath in a Recollections Noel Die and Stamp set.  I cut it apart very carefully because the words fit perfectly for my project tonight.

Well, I hope you head on over to https://52cct.blogspot.com/ and check out the other Design Team members and see what they came up with for this challenge.  Maybe you will get an idea or two and play along with us!  See you there....



...and thanks for stopping by.
Netta

4 comments:

Majda said...

Netta your greeting card is very fairytale and full of festive joy. Have a nice weekend, Majda

A.Rose said...

That took a lot of work! Great card!

Becca Sadler said...

Netta: Hello, team-mate! Your card is super cute with that image and the faux stitching looks real in the photograph!!! So way to go on faking me out!!! Terrific Christmas card!

Fabiola said...

J'aime beaucoup ce petit lutin Netta, super chou et quelle jolie couture, biz