Saturday, April 27, 2013

Old Enough For Modern Plumbing

Another fun card!  This stamped image is one of the Impression Obsession Outhouse rubberstamps.   

  • I used my Touch Twin markers to color the image before I did any sponging. 
  • First I punched out a circle for the size sun I wanted on a large piece of scrap paper.  
  • I used the scrap paper that had the hole in it and tacked it down where I wanted the sun to be. If you notice I placed it over where the water will be as well as the sky because it will end up looking like a reflection in the water. 
  •  I sponged yellow ink really well, removed the scrap paper and tacked the circle I punched out on top of the sun to protect it as I sponged the sky and water around it.  
  • I used another piece straight piece of scrap paper to mask off the sky so I could sponge on the blue for the water.  
  • I flipped the paper over and masked off the water so I could sponge the sky.  

It actually went together very quickly.  Most people  use a brayer to create the water and sky.  I have yet to master that technique.  I do much better with a sponge!

Thank you for stopping by!

Netta

1 comment:

Bea Rosenleaf said...

I love the colors on this card, Netta! Looking through your blog, you've got some awesome projects here!