Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mothers & Others 2013

Well the cards are finally done!  I did 31 one of them!!  
They were due by the end of April and I got them all done earlier this week.  I am impressed with myself as I got them done 2 wks before the due date!  
I went through several cards before the right card was chosen.  



My inspiration came from Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/pin/232357661996268901/
Which is really pinned from the home of Elly's Card Corner

Before putting the cards together, I had to cut, emboss and ink all the pieces so it was all done in piecework.  This is the only time where I do piecework as I am not the type of person who will make many cards that look the same.

I used the following to create my card
EK Butterfly Layering Punch
EK Border Sunburst Punch 
Martha Stewart 5 Leaf Punch
Stampin' Up Doily Triple Layer Punch
Stampin' Up Blossom Punch
Nestabilities (put them away before getting the names)
Cuttlebug Dot Embossing Folder

After each piece was punched/cut out, I used a sponge and inked the edge of every piece with Jim Holtz Distress Ink Wild honey.  The Hero Arts "Your Invited" stamp was also stamped with the same ink.  My fingers were pretty "yellow" looking by the time I got done...lol

Since this is an Alzheimer special event on Mothers Day....I found a poem on the internet and placed it inside.

Do not ask me to remember
don't try to make me understand.
Let me rest and know you're with me
Kiss my cheek and hold my hand.
I'm confused beyond your concept
I am sad and sick and lost.
All I know is that I need you
to be with me at all cost.
Do not lose your patience with me
Don't scold or curse or cry
I can't help the way I'm acting
Can't be different though I try.
Just remember that I need you,
That the best of me is gone.
Please don't fail to stand beside;
love me 'til my life is done.

*Owen Darnell*

The event is a celebration for all the Mom's and Caregivers at a local nursing home.

thank you for stopping by!
Netta

No comments: