Sunday, April 28, 2013

Junk Kind of Day and Mojo #288!

Why is today a junk kind of day?  I have posted before that all my mistakes or "junk" creations that I dislike/can't use, are thrown into a container for future use.  I have found what I don't like now or can't use now can sometimes be used in the future.  
Today I decided to challenge myself...to dig in that container to see what I could use from junk pile.  I found some interesting items to use!

I decided on what junk pieces might be turned into a creative art.  Here is what I came up with!  It's sort of the Chalkboard technique.


Both pieces, background and the image was in that pile. The background was an flower image I had stamped in both corners embossed in white and sponged color over the top.   I matted the background onto crimson card.  The image was a Stampin' Up image that was suppose to be embossed with white and I accidentally used clear.  I used Prism pencils to color the arm and cake...white Prism pencil to draw the outside lines.  I took my finger and dipped it into white ink and smudged all over the rest of it to make the words show up more. 
Beginning to build up my stash of birthday cards once again!


Next card, I found a scrap piece left over from my Weathered Background Technique post.  I also found a card that had a blue embossed background already glued down and 2 black flowers that  were stamped with Perfect Medium and dusted with several colors of Perfect Pearls.  


This card was also a Mojo Monday's sketch #288



What is that famous saying...One man's junk is another man's treasure?  Well ...today.....I was in both positions!!!

~hugs~
Netta

No comments: