Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Stained Glass Butterfly

A co-worker is leaving...her last day is today.  She is off in a difference directions in her life.  I will truly miss her as she makes me laugh so easy.

Her all-time favorites are butterflies and whenever I make her a card...there is always a butterfly somewhere on the card.  

This the card I made her last night..


The  technique I used was Stained Glass Technique on vellum.  Very easy to do and quick.
1.  I stamped the Stampin Up Swallowtail Butterfly on vellum with versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder.
2.  Flipped the image over and colored on the opposite side with regular markers.
3.  Flipped back over to the embossed side and used a Stampin UP white pen (best white pen EVER) to make my white marks on the embossed side.
4.. Cut the butterfly out and taped down onto an embossed white cardstock and then matted it on black cardstock.

Inside saying is also Stamping Up Stamp from Feels Good Set- "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people".

I know she will love it!

Good luck Kristin!  I will miss the boom da boom da boom da dance!  *S*

Netta

No comments: