Saturday, June 15, 2019

52 CCT June Theme Challenge


Another Saturday 52 CCT Challenge at for you to help you get those Christmas Cards started.  
Did you realize there are only 29 Saturdays left before Christmas?  That means you have about 26 weeks to get your cards done, labeled and in the mail!  When I counted it up...I said "UT OH".  Here I am so proud of 30 cards done and if I continue at this pace...1 a week....that would be 56 total cards done. That is a far cry from the 100 I need!

Ok..so on to the challenge.  Today it is about Vintage or Shabby. What does Shabby or Vintage mean?  
Shabby means your card may have any of the following: lots of layers, ribbon, looks worn out and old, distressed, sponged edges and lots of embellishments.

I started my card by making my background to look like wood.  I used a Faux Wood Technique to make my background.  I embossed a line on the cardstock every 3/4" and used a very light blue marker over the lines.  It's hard to see on my card because it was covered up a lot but if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it, you will be able to see it better.


I love the church stamp from Serendipity Stamps.  I stamped it with Memento London fog color and used a brush to add an additional color to it. Memento Summer Sky color was sponged lightly around the church.  Noel came from Sizzix Christmas Phrases die which was cut from grey cardstock and a gelly roll glitter pen colored over it.  I also used the glitter pen to give a hint of sparkle to indicate snow areas on and around the church.  The distressed grey cardstock was used as a mat for the background and church.  The church area was popped up.  Silver stars, holly flourish from Penny Black, tinsel yarn was stuck in and around the church mat.  The bow from a Penny Black die set finished off the card.


A few layers, some distressing and embellishments...perfect card for the Shabby or vintage challenge.



Netta

1 comment:

Fabiola said...

quelle jolie carte Netta, si paisible et chic, biz