Monday, June 10, 2019

Seahorse





When I went to Violette"s Scrapbook Store last weekend, I spotted the cutest die from Hero Arts "Paper Layering Seahorse".  I really "needed" it.  Last weekend, when I got together with friends, I put this together.  I cut the big and little seahorses out twice with white cardstock.  I used 2 different colored inks and sponge on the big seahorse.  The background was done with Arteza brush watercolor pens (teals, pink and purples) and once dried, it was embossed with Tim Holtz folder from the Waves and Bubbles folder set.
What do you think of eyes on the Seahorses?


To finish off the card, I used a gelly roll sparkle pen to give it some ocean sparkle.  I also ran some liquid glue along the bottom and sprinkled some Baked Texture for the sand look.

7/13/2019
Update on this card:
I decided to use this card for a co-workers birthday.  She loves the beach and goes often.  This is what I put on the inside..

FUN FACT
Did you know a Seahorse does not
 have teeth
and no stomach?  Food passes
 through their digestive systems
 so quickly they
 must eat constantly.

Why can’t we be like that….
at least on our birthday….
when our favorite birthday
-->
dessert is sitting in front of us?

Netta

No comments: