Saturday, September 12, 2020

52 CCT September Color Challenge

Black, Orange and Gold
Halloween card? 
NOPE...its the challenge that Rosi gave us at https://52cct.blogspot.com/.  We are allowed to use a white card base but the main color scheme on our Christmas cards must be just black, orange and gold.  
I had an idea of a sunset or sunrise where the sky is orange reflecting onto the snow with the same color.  I tried to mix gold in the snow to show valleys and hills but I think my idea did not come out so great.  I think my ink pad is old.  I will have to get myself another one.  I was able to get my gold on the card by glueing Merry Christmas on top.  

I also used an Orange Stickles glitter on top as well.  

The background stamps was not enough to go across the card so I had to stamp it twice. 
 Before I stamped the second time, I cleaned off the stamp and I masked off the area where the deer are with regular tape.  I just wanted to extend the tree areas.

After inking the card and before stamping it down... make sure you remove the tape!
You can see where I inked the stamp... leaving the section clean where the deer are.
 The beauty of using a Misty makes it easy to repeat the steps again to get a darker black image...clean, tape, ink, remove tape and stamp down.

My husband is my judge on cards.  He will tell me if a card is not the best.  Even though I was feeling not so great on this card...he gave me a thumbs up.
I went with his approval and popped it in with my stash of Christmas cards!

Now follow me over to 52CCT and check out the other Designers.  I can't wait to see what they do with this challenge!

Netta


5 comments:

Lucinda said...

This is real feature card Netta - it's so dramatic. I love the beautiful scene you've created. That Merry Christmas die looks really useful too!

Rosmarie said...

What a great stamp you used, Netta!! I am just blown away by this absolutely stunning winter scene you made!! The huge die-cut sentiment is a real eye-catcher!! A splendid card - really!!!

Fabiola said...

quel chic Netta, très belle création, biz

AndrejaM said...

beautiful winter scene. the large inscription makes it extremely festive and elegant.

Becca Sadler said...

Netta= Brilliant project for this grouping of non-traditional colors for Christmas! Black and the gold--sure; but adding in that orange and typically I think all of this start envisioning autumn harvest cards. Nay for Christmas. Your solution is very clever! The forest scene stamp is perfect with orange sunset sky and reflection on the snow! Terrific solution!