Saturday, September 19, 2020

Rosh Hashanah

(2nd post today) 

Happy New Year!

Last night was the start of the Jewish New Year.  I made the card last night but I didn't want to post it until I gave it to my Father in Law.  One of the customs of Rosh Hashanah involves eating apple slices dipped in honey.  They believed the apples had healing properties and honey signified hope that the new year would be sweet.  When this class "Honey Jar" was released at Kit and Clowder in February 2020, I knew it was perfect for this holiday.


This honey pot image came with the class.  I found a line drawing online  of an apple so I printed out the size I wanted, colored it up, popped it up and added it to the card.


Inside the card it says...
May you be Inscribed, BLESSED, watcher over,
PROTECTED, covered, LOVED, and sealed...
this year and everyone one to come.



On the back of the card, I remembered what he told me long ago...that older folks fingers do not work as well as when they were younger and sometimes opening a card is difficult.  He suggested cards should always be at different lengths between the front and back to make opening easier.  
I remembered!!


Thank you for stopping and if you celebrate this holiday...Happy New Years to you!

Netta