Monday, September 14, 2020

Stenciling Christmas



I decided to do some stenciling and as I was going through the stencil drawer, I came across some very old stencils from Hampton Art.  
It was a box of 10 fairly large Christmas stencils which they called "Holiday Screens".  
I used Distress Oxide Mermaid lagoon along the top and went into Tumbled Glass.  I kept brushing the Tumbled Glass lighter and lighter until you barely could see the end of the word Christmas.
I sprayed Heidi Swapp Color Shine all over the cardstock to give it a shine like snow falling.  In the picture it looks like droplets of something but trust me...it does have a nice glistening shine all over it.

I wanted to mat the main piece on black to make it stand out more and I also needed to punch a reindeer out.  Instead of wasting another piece of cardstock, I just punched it out of the middle of the mat.  My main piece was going to cover it anyway and the recipient would never know there was a piece missing. 



The words from Stampendous Christmas Wishes were stamped on the black cardstock with Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment ink, hand cut and popped up.  

I need to remember I have this box of Christmas stencils.  They would make some interesting backgrounds.
Have a great day and get some of those Christmas cards done!

Netta

No comments: