Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Outlawz Color Challenge with a Twist

 I have been working the birthday cards really hard this past week and I hit a brain freeze.  No ideas came to mind so I turned to The Outlawz to challenge my brain.  First thing I came to was a Color Challenge with a twist.  The twist was to add one butterfly.  I opened my stamp and die book and my eyes fell on the Die'sire "Lace Butterfly" die.  I used shimmer white cardstock and cut out the die.  I placed the die cut over plain white cardstock to see where the wings and center of the. butterfly was.  I used a sponge and sponged on one color of the Distress Oxide where the wings would be,  another where the body was and one more all around the edges.

The challenge was to use at least 3 of the colors offered.

I took a photo of the colors I used plus I used the dark purple for the card base and matted the words with the dark purple as well.


UPDATE:   I started another one ...same idea and I messed up.   I pulled it back out and was able to fix it.  I actually like it better! 


Off to go post it at the The Outlawz Challenge site and probably take a look around to see what else I can do!

Thank you for stopping...
Netta

No comments: