Saturday, September 26, 2020

52 CCT September Technique Challenge

It's a fun challenge this week at 52CCT and Rosi's last challenge for September!  She has had some challenging challenges and this is a new one for me.
I have never done partial Stenciling so I was exited to give it a try.  


Basically what you do is mask off a stencil and use only part of it.  I used a Stencil within a Stencil on this card.  It was a big stocking stencil and I just taped my design stencil behind it.  I had narrowed my stencils down to 4 and had my husband narrow it down to one.  I think he choose a great stencil.  
If you notice, I taped off the top of the Stocking because I had a different plan for that area.


Next I spread transfer gel all over it.


It took about an hour for the transfer gel to dry.  You will know it is ready when it dries clear.
I had a foil that I thought would be pretty for this design as it had many colors in it.  


I hand cut out the stocking, making sure to get the top area too.  I used the stencil to trace just the top area so I could cut it out and cover in glue. I pressed white flock onto it and then glued the white area onto the top of the stocking. With green cardstock, I hand cut the evergreen leaves and punched out red for berries.


This was a fun challenge so I hope you all give it aa try and then come on over to 52CCT and load up your card!





Thank you for stopping by!

Netta


Ingredients:
Stocking Stencil
Altenew Leaf Burst Stencil
Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Heidi Swapp Rainbow Reactive Foil
Red Cardstock
Stampendous White Flock
Hole Punch
Green Cardstock
Tim Hotz Brick Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Holiday Sentiment "Noel"
Stampin Up Cherry Cobler Ink 





5 comments:

Lucinda said...

This is great Netta - such texture and contrast. The brick background is perfect too. What a beautiful stocking to hang by the fire.

AndrejaM said...

Wonderful work on a partial stencil. A beautiful glittering sock is just perfect!

Lily-by-Gilly said...

Wow Netta! Your card looks stunning! Great use of the partial stenciling technique. Hugs, Gill x

Julia Sandvoss said...

Such a creative card! Love how you made the brick background and thank you for the shout-out about our Deco Foil!

Fabiola said...

elle scintille et elle est si festive Netta, biz